A regular relationship... in an irregular world.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Strap On Your Funny Bone


Last night Ms. and I saw ‘Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby’. If you haven’t seen it, it is exactly what the title suggests. No deep thought, lots of ridiculous caricatures. Ms. loves movies like that… and I… tolerate them. I am a good girlfriend. I don’t understand exactly why I don’t find those movies as funny as she does. Am I missing a chromosome or something? Honestly, I do love comedy. I just seem to have not developed that area of my brain that can wrap itself around 'South Park'. Ms. can recite Shakespeare. She can quote Jung. She is far better read than I am. (In fairness, she’s also older – she’s had more time.) But we joke that I am the more mature of us. A few months ago I looked out from the kitchen where I was making dinner and watched Ms. sitting on the floor giggling to herself in front of a ‘Family Guy’ cartoon. It made me smile. I think our kids are going to like her better than me.

1 comment:

Poker Internet said...

Instead of criticism advise the problem decision.