A regular relationship... in an irregular world.

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Day One - Alive & Kicking


(or - What Miss has learned about the American South.)

She's doing well. I was proud as she hung in meeting not only my grinning parents, but also my aunt, uncle, another uncle, two cousins, and a new puppy. Everyone has been on their best behavior and my mother is proudly telling stories of all the fits I threw as a child. There were many.

So here I sit, amazed at the ease with which everyone has "fit," ready for the next phase of this introduction -- the social event out in public. Yep. We are about to go have Barbeque at a hot local joint and listen to -- get this -- a country band play some down-home twang. I can't get too nervous, as I am just fascinated to see how my little New Yorker is going to handle an evening of rednecks. Wow. Wish you were here. No... really. I need some backup.

xoxoxo,
Ms.

No comments: