A regular relationship... in an irregular world.

Monday, December 04, 2006

I'll be home for Christmas -- if only in my dreams...



Miss and I are traveling to see family for the holidays. Hers and mine. Two different cities. Three plane trips for us and a seriously robust cat, who will be shoved into a carry-on.

We've had some difficulty and confusion about our tickets with an airline which has proven to be the BANE OF MY EXISTENCE. I won't name names.
(Delta Air Lines, Inc.)
I won't disparage hard working employees.
(They are all morons.)
I will list highlights of our experience with them. Perhaps you can relate...

* Customer service idiots.
* The really bad "Hold" music on the phone.
* Confusion based on "what the computer says."
* Re-telling the same long story to yet another nameless, faceless person who only cares about what time she gets off work.
* Paying $11 in parking at the airport, just to go down and spend nearly 3 hours talking with a ticket agent in person.
* Balancing whether to completely lose it and jump and yell like a person in a padded cell with a serious facial tick or to calmly smile and work a more sympathetic angle.
* That stupid button that lady is wearing that says "Keep Delta MY Delta!"
* Being told that we have to pay for a ticket AGAIN.
* My pulsing temples.
* A uniformed employee telling me he is there to help, and never looking me in the eye.
* Miss's reassuring hand on the small of my back, along with that look of hers that says "don't freak out."
* A pale bald man talking to a person on the phone, who is telling us - via the pale bald man - that we have already received paper tickets and now must pay a LOST TICKET FEE and a RE-ISSUE FEE, since we are saying that we NEVER RECEIVED TICKETS.
* Not being allowed to talk to the person on the phone that the pale bald man in front of me is talking to.
* Not being allowed to take a copy of - or even LOOK at the printed copy of our ticket mishap's "story."
* Actually wondering if I would get arrested at LAX for attacking an airline employee.

I'm seriously considering going retro and going by train at this point. All the same, there's no place like home for the holidays. That is if I don't end up in jail.


xoxo,
Ms.

No comments: